Ingredient Spotlight – Carrot Oil
Want to find out a little bit more about the ingredients in Carrot Sun? Here’s the first in a series of blogs sharing an in depth look into what Carrot Sun has to offer. Rose Grace starts us off with our iconic ingredient – the magnificent Carrot Oil!
As well as offering an alluring deep, dark brown colour, Carrot Oil also protects skin against damaging free-radicals in UV light, making skin even more beautiful and directly combating the ageing effects of the sun. Our creams also contain carotenoids, found in carrots, renowned for their health benefits both topically and nutritionally - an example of this is the soothing affect it has on skin after spending time in the sun. Below are some of our favourite Carrot Oil facts!
- Carrot Oil has been used medicinally for hundreds of years. It is effective in treating a large number of ailments including indigestion and arthritis. It is also a natural diuretic and is highly detoxifying.
- Carrot Oil can in fact reduce wrinkles, whether your skin is exposed to the sun or not. It’s rejuvenating properties means a few drops at night can help the skin to repair and boosts collagen.
- It’s rich in vitamins E, C and A
- It can help balance both dry and oily skin. It gives the skin just enough moisture without clogging up pores.
- You can use pure Carrot Oil on your hair! When used at the roots, it encourages growth; use it at the ends for moisture and shine.
So why not try our original Carrot Cream when tanning and see the affects for yourself?
Also in From The Blog
Do you want to go on a tanning bed but aren’t sure how long a session you need for your skin type? Or how to maximize tanning during your session? Or which is the best type of sunbed? Or what a tan accelerator does? Or how to tan safely?
Fear not! Carrot Sun has done all the research for you in answer to these important questions so that you can get the best results from your sunbed sessions whilst tanning safely and caring for your skin.
They say, the further away from your heart a part of your body is, the harder it is to get a tan there. A common problem people have while tanning is getting that golden glow on their legs. If you’re one of those people then this blog has the answers to help you solve this problem and get that tan on your legs, so that you’re not walking around looking like you’re wearing white tights all the time!